Hi I'm TB....a 47 year old single (for 3 years - not for lack of trying) overweight (according to BMI calculations... and the scales...and old photos and me) childless (not for lack of trying - past not present) professional woman (that sounds a bit wrong as a descriptor - but necessary in the whole background to why the blog)....and a recent puppy owner (will my life ever be the same again). Thanks for joining me in my journey of all the things I hope To be.... and a bit about what I had hoped To be...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Dining Delight

Last night I had one of my favourite dining experiences...it actually felt like being on the set of My Kitchen Rules...so where was I...Sayers in Leederville. Thursday nights in summer they open for dinner - 5 courses....plates to share, for $55 per head including BYO...and the food...a taste sensation.

To start...out came yummy bread with olive oil and balsamic for dipping and a bowl of olives - not one of the five plates...now you don't get to choose, but they do ask you to let them know if you have any allergies, dislikes etc...so no pork for me.

First up was beef carpaccio...delicious, followed by squid and fish tempura....divine, gnocchi....gorgeous (almost as good as my mums), hazelnut, fetta and herb quiche ....yummy but the look of the pork rolls coming past almost made me want to try to eat pork....and then ta da....a lemon slice with icecream and a little chocolate flower....pretty to look at and a perfect end to a delightful meal.

I have only had great food and great coffee at Sayers! Whether it be breakfast, lunch ... and now dinner. Sayers you should be congratulated!

No comments:

Post a Comment