Hi I'm TB....a 47 year old single (for 3 years - not for lack of trying) overweight (according to BMI calculations... and the scales...and old photos and me) childless (not for lack of trying - past not present) professional woman (that sounds a bit wrong as a descriptor - but necessary in the whole background to why the blog)....and a recent puppy owner (will my life ever be the same again). Thanks for joining me in my journey of all the things I hope To be.... and a bit about what I had hoped To be...

Friday, February 4, 2011

Queensland and Yasi

My heart goes out to all those affected by the recent floods and the more recent effects of Cyclone Yasi...it often feels quite surreal and hard to imagine what it must be like to be a part of these events - what brings them to life for me is the memories of all the places in Queensland that I visited on many trips ... some pleasure, but many for work a number of years ago....so to have spent time in places such as Cairns, Townsville and Brisbane and to have visual memories of some of the places and spaces that have been destroyed or at the least damaged in some way - what must it be like for those of you there living through the crisis points...and having to pick up the pieces - times like this remind me of the strength of the human spirit, and also puts into perspective what is important in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment